Since 2012: Full Professor (W3), Chair for Germanic Linguistics at the University of Erfurt,
1996-2012: Chair for Germanic Linguistics at the University of Pannonia in Veszprém; further responsibilities in Veszprém:
- Director of the Institute of Germanic Studies (2003-2012).
- Head of Doctoral School of Linguistics (2008-2011), Head of Commission for "Habilitations" in Humanities (2007-2011), Head of the PhD programme Intercultural Linguistics (2003-2011), Co-Head, later Head of Doctoral School of Linguistics and Education (2003-2008).
- Director of the Institute of Translation Studies (2012).
- Dean of the Faculty of Humanities (2002-2006).
Professional appointments at international universities during this period:
- Lecturing as part-time guest professor for Germanic Linguistics at the University of Vienna (2008-2012).
- Temporary professor for Germanic Linguistics at the University of Vienna (2008).
- Temporary Chair of German as a Foreign Language/Transnational German Studies at the Ludwig Maximilians University in Munich (2007/2008).
- Professor for German Language at the Faculty of Education at the J. Selye University in Komárno (Slovakia) (part-time, 2004-2012).
- Guest professor at the Department of Germanic Studies at the Martin Luther University in Halle-Wittenberg (1998/99).
1985-1996: Lecturer and Chair at the Department of German at the College of Education „Gyula Juhász” at the University of Szeged, since 1993 as professor.
1981-1985: Lecturer at the Foreign Language Center of the Technical College in Kecskemét (today: J.v. Neumann University).
- In this period: part-time German teacher at the College of Education in Kecskemét (today part of the J.v. Neumann University).